How to Make Chaga Tea
What you will need: Wild Alaska Ground Chaga, Mesh Tea Ball, Tea Kettle, Tea Pot, Tea Cup.
- Boil 4 cups water.
- Fill one mesh tea ball with ground chaga.
- Pour boiling water into tea pot and add chaga-filled mesh tea ball.
- Allow tea to steep at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour and enjoy!
How to Make Chaga Coffee
What you will need: Wild Alaska Chaga Chunks, Coffee Beans, Coffee Grinder, French Press, Coffee Cup
- Boil water.
- Grind 4 tablespoons coffee beans.
- Grind 3 tablespoons chaga chunks.
- Add ground coffee and chaga to French Press.
- Fill French Press half way with hot water and let sit for 1 minute.
- Add more hot water to completely fill French Press and wait 3 more minutes.
- Press, pour, and enjoy!
How to Make a Chaga Latte
What you will need: Your Favorite Cup, Tea Kettle, Aeropress, Milk Frother, Wild Alaska Ground Chaga, Almond Milk
- Boil water.
- Add two scoops ground chaga to Aeropress.
- Place Aeropress on cup.
- Fill Aeropress half full with boiling water.
- Remove Aeropress from cup.
- Add more boiling water.
- Froth almond milk.
- Add almond milk.
Recipe thanks to Go Wild Juicery.
How to Make Slow Cooked Chaga Tea
Certain constituents in chaga are thought to be best extracted at low temperature over long periods of time. Below is a method that can be used to perform this type of extraction in a crock-pot to make a delicious slow brewed chaga tea that can be consumed hot or cold.
What you will need: Slow Cooker (Crock-Pot), Water, Pitcher, Measuring Cup, Wild Alaska Ground Chaga (or Chunks), Large Bowl, Strainer, Your Favorite Cup
- Add water to slow cooker.
- Add 8 grams of chaga per quart of water.
- Cover and set to low for 6-12 hours.
- Cool for at least 6 hours.
- Pour cooled tea into large bowl.
- Pour tea through strainer.
- Grounds or chunks can be saved for re-use.
- Pour into your favorite cup.
- If desired, put in the refrigerator to create a delicious cold tea.
Aaron’s Bomb-proof Protein-Omega-Probiotic-Powered Morning Workout Chaga Smoothie
- 1-2 cups almond/soy/hemp/rice milk (substitute with normal 2% milk if preferred, or nonfat milk or water if trying to lower calories)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (vanilla or honey are my favorites)
- 1 tablespoons each of: almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, pecans, sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds
- 1-2 cups of frozen fruit of your choice
- 10-15 drops Wild Alaska Chaga tincture
- Honey or agave nectar for sweetness, sweeten to individual taste
Directions: Add milk or water, yogurt, nuts, seeds, and Wild Alaska Chaga tincture to blender and blend on high for 10-15 seconds. Turn blender speed down and add frozen fruit on low speed. Let blend for 10-15 seconds. Blend entire mixture on high for another 10-15 seconds, taste, add honey or agave to taste and blend again for another 5 seconds.
Pour, drink, enter morning beast mode!
Optional: 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds, one scoop each of Macrolife Naturals “Macro Greens” and “Miracle Reds” superfood powders.